The main principles addressed are the following:
● We limit our collection and storage of personal information to what is necessary to provide our Services
● We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about our website users:
● In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and 1Mentor.
● When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websitesand services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal and non-personal data through your use of the 1Mentor websiteand in communication between you and 1Mentor. This includes the following data:
Personal data is data that we could reasonably link back to you.
● Email address
● IP address or device identifier
● Website activity information such as your browser type and how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it, etc. (“Usage Data”).
Non-Personal Data is data that itself cannot reasonably be linked back to you or data that is combined with other data in a way that cannot reasonably be linked back to you—for example, meta-data, cookies, internet usage, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website or use ourService, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
● Analyzing user activity on our Services
● Our email communications contain web beacons or similar technology, which track when the email has been opened or read. This functionality sends the resulting records back to our Service, which may be associated with other information you have provided us.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Do not track signals
We are currently unable to respond to Do Not Track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
How will we use your data?
We use information that we collect, including any personal information, so that we can:
● Present our Service and its content to you
● Provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
● Fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or described when it was collected or any other purpose for which you provide it.
● Email you with new features and personalized information, and updates to maximize the value you obtain from our Services.
When may we share your data?
We will never share personal data beyond the 1Mentor team. 1Mentor does not share data with 3rd parties unless necessary to provide services or conduct business operations, such as the use of external services for the collection and processing of information. This includes, but is not limited to:
● HubSpot: Email communication
● Google Analytics: Collection and analysis of usage data
● Forms.App: Contact Us form
● With vendors that are contractually engaged to provide us with services, such as cloud service providers, telecommunications services, and other services for maintaining our systems, order fulfillment, email management, and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
Information collected through our Service may be transferred to a location or country different from where you used our Services for processing or storage, including Canada and the US. These locations may have different data protection regulations. By using our Services, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to opt-out of email communications
We provide users the opportunity to unsubscribe from our service or opt-out of contactfor marketing purposes through the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email.
How do we store your data?
We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration,and disclosure. We currently store all data collected in Google Cloud data centers, which depend on our users’ geographic location. For instance, the data collected from users at a Canadian Institution would be stored at a data center located in Canada.
The following measures are taken to ensure security throughout our data storage and platform processes:
● Any data received undergoes a process of anonymization.
● All data gathered is stored in cloud data centers that comply with MTCS tier 3requirements.
● All data collected fulfills the regional privacy demands regarding the market where it operates.
● All data is encrypted using AES256 at the storage level.
● All data in transit is authenticated and encrypted across different network layers.Communication is secured using TLS.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur. In the event of a breach,we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify affected individuals in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
1Mentor stores your personal information until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services or until you ask us to delete your personal information, as detailed in the next section.
Accessing or deleting your personal data
You may at any time request a copy of the information 1Mentor holds on you. You may also request that 1Mentor delete your personal data.
You can request access or deletion by sending an email to info@1Mentor.io. Once this request is received, personal identification information is deleted within 30 days. The remaining information will be aggregated and anonymized for retention.
Children Under The Age Of 16
Our Service is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website and our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
What are your California Privacy Rights?
● opt-out of the sale of personal information,
● know about the personal information collected, disclosed, or sold,
● to request deletion of personal information, and
● to be treated without discrimination should you exercise these rights.
More information regarding the sources from which we collect personal information can be found above in the section titled “What information do we collect?”; business and commercial purposes for which we collect your personal information can be found above in the section titled “How will we use your data?”; categories of recipients with whom personal information is shared or sold can be found in the section above titled “When may we share your data?”
We do not sell any personal information collected from your use of 1Mentor Services.
What are your privacy rights under PIPEDA?
For users who are located in regions governed by The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), you are entitled to:
● Request access to your data
● Request corrections to your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
● Request deletion of your data
If we do not handle your privacy concerns to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Different methods to communicate with the OPC and methods to obtain information regarding your privacy rights can be found on their website.
If you are a resident of Alberta, the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) governs data privacy in your province. If we do not handle your privacy concerns to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta. Different methods to communicate with the OPC and methods to obtain information regarding your privacy rights can be found on their website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information or to request access to,correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity, right to access, and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to give you access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal data anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
● Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
● Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
● Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
● Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
How to contact us
151 Charles St W Suite# 199,
Kitchener, ON N2G 1H6, Canada